Sacred Stones
            — Be part of the story
 
 
 




 

The Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration

The Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration were founded by Mother Mary Anselma Felber, OSB, in Maria Rickenbach, Switzerland.

In August 1874 five sisters journeyed from Maria Rickenbach, Switzerland, to the United States, in response to requests of the Benedictine Fathers at Conception, Missouri for assistance in ministering to the immigrant population. Thirty-year-old Mother Anselma Felber was chosen as their superior. She died nine years later, having seen only the small beginnings of the Congregation of the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration.

Today, the Sisters serve their mission of prayer, for the needs of the Church and the world, from four monasteries located in Missouri, Arizona, Wyoming .

People of all faiths are invited to pray in our chapels and to share in the contemplative spirit of the congregational community.

For information regarding vocations, liturgical schedules, news, events, etc. we invite you to visit our monasteries, websites or simply contact us by email (more information can be found on the 'congregational links' page).